Great North Insurance Home Owners 1 1

Are Some People Required to have Flood Insurance?

Yes – some people are required to have Flood Insurance.

  • Got a Mortgage? Homes and businesses in high-risk flood areas with mortgages from federally regulated or insured lenders are required to have flood insurance. While flood insurance is not federally required if you live in a moderate- to low-risk flood area, your lender may still require you to have insurance.
  • Received Disaster Assistance? If you live in a high-risk flood zone and you’ve received federal disaster assistance in the form of grants from FEMA or low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) following a Presidential Disaster Declaration, you must maintain flood insurance in order to be considered for any future federal disaster aid.

protecting you is our business

Great North, a division of Hub International, works with a multitude of insurance providers to get value out of your hard earned dollar.